Sunday 27 January 2008

My Roman Holiday!





Quite by accident
I stepped out of
my straitjacket...


And astounded
myself at
my temerity.

Incognito.
A translucent
cloak for its
misty aura,


I surrender myself
with a gypsy's heart

to collect a wealth
of memories
to hoard away!


And all the while
I know-
I'll have to
step back.

The straitjacket's
waiting.

So it cannot
last.
Of course.


Like a leaf
from a book

I'll never write...

My Roman Holiday.


Usha , 19 April, '07


*********************
Inspired by the film, "Roman Holiday", starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck:)

2 comments:

  1. mah favourite!!!!!!! :) absolutely love thsi write ma'm!

    de closin lines, jz superb! n yeah, i wish to say, i hope it wouldnt hafta end! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "
    Like a leaf
    from a book
    I'll never write...
    "

    wow!
    not that the other lines are less beautiful, but this struck me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...