Wednesday 27 February 2008

Sepia Dreams

A sepia coloured
Photograph
In that old album
Is all I can touch
Of you,
Now.

Cross-legged on the floor;
In your bridal finery-
A wistful expression-
Dreamy, anticipating
Perhaps, the myriad dreams
To unfold and blossom.

Your chin resting
On your palm,
That cupped your face-
Pointed, alluring!

I remember that moment-
Well!
If it were not for my mother
Standing behind us,
It would have been
My hands cupping your face!
And...

Hush!
I quieten the
Welling storm of memories.

I never told you
How lovely you looked,
That moment!

And now,
When I say it,
I wonder, can you hear?

And longingly wait
For that moment,
When I will.

Finally.
When I meet you,
In eternity.




Usha, 26 February '08

1 comment:

  1. a write, only ya can deliver, wi such finesse...

    loved it... for all datz said, n unsaid... loved it lotz!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...