Sunday 25 September 2011

In Retrospect

Wallowing in time...
That brings back breaths
Of aeons past-
You prompt. You jolt.
I realize. And regret.
At the brilliant needlepoint
Of pain, accrued, in blue,
Sometimes red.
Bled cold with each pin-prick
In crafting this
Unforgiving image of my undoing,

If only there was time
To go back, before
Meeting unnamed destinies-
Time to undo that intricate
Weave, and weft, and warp
Of pain-
Undo, thread by painful
Thread, all my inconsistenties
My selfishnesses, thrust upon you-

A reprieve- at least, this day
I glimpse anew, that design
Of regret-
Knowing, absorbing,
Seeking and receiving
Your forgiveness.

Framed in acceptance,
Kept aside, with quietude-
Only to peek, when again
I may falter...
To guide, when I may lose
Myself, yet again,
Subjugated by insidious
Webs of duties that tie me down.

To seek strength, knowing
That I shall not, again,
Craft, of myself, another such
Mosaic of regret and pain.


25 September, 2011

7 comments:

  1. Here I am at last :) Usha, I loved 'In retrospect'
    "If only there was time
    To go back, before
    Meeting unnamed destinies-
    Time to undo that intricate
    Weave, and weft, and warp
    Of pain-"
    Every line is beautiful. But I liked these a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so very much, shail, though you really did not have to, having already told me ! :) but am glad you did too... :D for you give redemption to yet another ramble here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What we do seriously lack
    are perhaps eyes at the back
    then we could tighten things that are slack
    correct course and move to right track
    and at life have a fresh new crack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Govind. Pertinent observation. Comes with th statutory 'If only......' !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful lines......When one goes into time, one surely realizes how one has come of age......I do, atleast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Rakesh. Ah yes! The realizations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...