Friday 28 September 2012

Sepia


That would be the colour of my life.
Sepia. The pages I mean. 
The pages wrinkled, frayed around the edges.
Much thumbed. 
Vulnerable words hedging inwards.
Going back is a given. 
Living in what has been
Yearning for what would be.

Passion lurks, unbidden. 
Belonging, unwavering. 
Inconsolable grief, it form scabs,
Over healing wounds. Slowly.
You hold that book now.
Containing the pages of my life.
Do you see what I mean?
Those words, those lines-
Concealing more than meaning.
I wish I could edit them.
Those words, I mean. 
Find grace in simple stories
I once lived. 
I cannot touch them now, though. 
But of course. 

Still, the rainbow that my life is
Can never be muted:
Even if it be Sepia, in yours.
28 September 2012
Online
(Inspired entirely by the topic for Versification given at school, "Pages of my life" :D)

Other personal Sepia favourites:
Sepia Dreams
Beyond Sepia Dreams

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the best poems I have read from you! Loved it absolutely. And the last lines of almost all the stanzas were good, so I am unable to choose any. Much love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave a note :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...